MDA 245 W - Directed Practice Seminar
Integration of theoretical knowledge and practical experience as an extern in physician's offices, medical centers, school health departments, rehabilitation clinics, and other health care facilities.
Corequisites: MDA 246 Clinical Practicum I, MDA 247 Clinical Practicum II
1 Class Hour
For Senior Medical Assisting students
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain the essentials of an externship and list the responsibilities of the student during externship.
2. Identify and demonstrate essential skills in seeking employment in the medical assisting field.
3. Describe the roles of temperament and communication style in interpersonal and professional relationships.
4. Define professionalism, give examples of professional behavior, and demonstrate appropriate professional behavior.
5. Define the professional role, certification, and "scope of practice" of a practicing medical assistant.
6. Explain the essentials of the certification process.
7. Identify strategies for becoming involved in the medical assisting professional community.
[Add to Portfolio]