MDA 207 - Advanced Medical Office Management
Manual and electronic accounting, payroll and bookkeeping procedures for Medical Office. Includes banking, spreadsheets and reconciliations of bank statements. Preparation of Internal Revenue deposits, records, and year-end reports. Simulated office processes reinforce the accounting objectives.
Prior or Concurrent: MDA 102 Medical Assisting Science
3 Class Hours, 2 laboratory Hours
For Medical Assisting students only
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the students will be able to:
1. Perform banking transactions for the medical office, including check writing, transfer of funds, NSF checks and bank reconciliation.
2. Process payroll.
3. Perform billing and collections procedures.
4. List and describe the basic principles of accounting.
5. Differentiate between a debit balance and a credit balance.
6. State the basic accounting equation.
7. Perform basic accounting entries for a medical office, including debits, credits, adjustments, accounts receivable, accounts payable and owner equity accounts.
8. Use a physician's fee schedule when posting procedures.
9. Perform billing and collections procedures.
10. Prepare and record petty cash vouchers.
[Add to Portfolio]