May 25, 2020
MAT 146 - Applied Business Calculus
Review of analytic geometry of lines and parabolas; functions, and their graphs; limits and continuity; differentiation rules and applications; integration techniques and applications; exponential and logarithmic functions and applications. Recommended for Social Science, Health Science and Business students. Not for Mathematics majors or Science majors in the A.S. Degree program.
Prerequisite: MAT 133 College Algebra for Business
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Determine limits and continuity of functions
- Differentiate polynomial, rational, logarithmic, exponential functions using computational and intuitive methods.
- Integrate polynomial, rational, logarithmic, exponential functions using computational and intuitive methods.
- Solve business and economic applications of differentiation and integration.
- Demonstrate understanding of the concept of a limit, a derivative, and an integral.
Add to Portfolio