STM 105 - Freshman Planning Seminar
An orientation course designed for first semester students in the Liberal Arts Associate in Science program intending to transfer to a four-year school in a science program. Students will gain an understanding of the community college and the transfer process. Faculty will lead students in discussions on goal setting, time management and skills for success in Math and Science at the college level.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify campus resources
2. Understand the LAAS program as it applies to their future goals.
3. Identify several transfer schools of interest.
4. Formulate an academic plan for their studies at BCC.
5. Identify key faculty at BCC with similar science interests.
6. Identify their main learning style.
7. Manage their study habits and develop a weekly study plan.
[Add to Portfolio]