CST 151 - iPhone/iPad Application Development
Learn to develop iPhone/iPad Apps using Apple XCode. Topics include: Basis of killer applications, Objective-C and iPhone/iPad programming techniques as they relate to Object-Oriented Programming, the Foundation Framework, important objects, User Interface Controls, flip-side controls, photo views, XCode and the debugger, XCode’s instruments, controllers and model classes, core data. Then, take your application to the next step, after the course, and learn about Apple’s provisioning and distribution process.
Prerequisite: A solid programming experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs). OOPs programming is the foundation language environment for iPhone and iPad development
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Develop and communicate an iPhone/iPad project concept that will be completed during the semester.
2. Develop and debug iPhone/iPad “Apps” using Objective-C and the Apple XCode environment including compilers, debuggers, and the other tools provided with XCode.
3. Design, in terms of a graphical layout, ideas for a working project.
4. Formulate, within the scope of the XCode model, the code necessary to bring the graphical layout to the screen.
5. Debug syntactical errors and eliminate logical errors at compile time.
6. Communicate to users how the application works, its features, limitations, uses and advantages.
7. Present to the class a final working project using either written or oral communication skills.
8. Take the project beyond the end of the class and prepare it for provisioning and distribution on the Apple store.
[Add to Portfolio]