PTA 105 - Patient Interaction
This initial course in the PT Aide Certificate program sequence will introduce the student to the basic skills for working in a health science profession. Topics covered include medical terminology, professional behavior, effective communication, cultural diversity, OSHA training, time management and basic computer skills.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in medical terminology.
2. Effectively use therapeutic communication.
3. Display professional and ethical behavior.
4. Demonstrate cultural awareness and progress toward cultural competence.
5. Complete OSHA training.
6. Apply time management skills.
[Add to Portfolio]