LIT 235 - Shakespeare
Shakespeare as both dramatist and poet. Emphasis on selected comedies, histories and tragedies. Consideration of the playwright's life and times.
Prerequisite: ENG 110 College Writing I
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Have improved their ability at oral discourse by discussing and explaining their interpretive responses.
2. Have improved their ability to write analytically and argumentatively by composing applications of critical methods to literary works.
3. Identify literary devices and define them.
4. Use specific details to support a claim about a text.
5. Express their interpretation of a work in clear expository prose.
6. Utilize various literary analysis approaches toward literature.
7. Express multiple viewpoints about the life questions dealt with in literature (evenif they disagree with those viewpoints).
8. Relate one literary work to another, and also to the culture from which it emerged.
9. Learn and demonstrate competence in basic principles and techniques of literary research, using print as well as electronic sources.
[Add to Portfolio]