LAW 110 - Survey of Paralegalism
Role of the paralegal and attorney. Introduction to jurisprudence and functions of administrative agencies. Local, state, federal courts. Introduction to contracts, torts, negligence, criminal procedure, real property law, law office management. Legal terminology.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Recognize the jurisdictional structure of the New York State court system.
2. Recognize the jurisdictional structure of the local court system.
3. Recognize the original and appellate distinctions of the judicial system.
4. Prepare legal documents pursuant to NYS statutory law.
5. Apply the rules learned to the preparation of legal documents.
[Add to Portfolio]