ITA 101 - Beginning Italian I
Basic principles of grammar and syntax. Emphasis on oral practice in classroom. Reading and discussion of graded literary and cultural texts.
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate basic proficiency in the understanding and use of Italian in formal and informal situations, through speaking, listening and writing.
2. Understand basic grammatical construction principles of the Italian language.
3. Respond orally to questions in the target language at the beginner level.
4. Acquire appropriate reading strategies (such as phonics, structural analysis, context clues) to read and comprehend selected materials.
5. Write familiar material in Italian including sentences, phrases and basic paragraphs with ease.
6. Demonstrate knowledge and appreciation of the culture(s) associated with the Italian language.
[Add to Portfolio]