HUM 104 - Introduction to Classical Mythology
This course is designed to introduce the basic substance of the stories which constitute classical Greek mythololgy. The course is also meant to provide experience in reading and understanding those stories in their original context - so far as that can be determined - in order to discern how they have continued to influence Western art and culture to express the values of that art and culture. Key traditional interpretative methods will be examined and applied to the Greek myths.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Describe some of the major interpretations of mythology in human culture.
2. Discuss some of the chief characteristics of Greek mythology.
3. Identify the major categories of Greek mythology.
4. Summarize some of the major myths and legends of ancient Greece.
5. Discuss the influence of Greek mythology in ancient Rome and on later works of art, music, literature, and film.
[Add to Portfolio]