Apr 26, 2018
HST 111 - Home Health Aide
Our Home Health Aide training course prepares students to assist clients with health-related tasks, such as performing simple measurements and tasks, or assisting with the preparation of special diets, prescribed exercise programs, or with the use of prescribed medical equipment. This curriculum follows the requirements set forth by the NYS Department of Health for Home Health Aide Training Programs. Upon succesful completion of this program, students will be a New York State Certified Home Health Aide and qualify for employment in the home health field. In addition, this course will also include American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Providers CPR training.
Prerequisite: HST 110 Personal Care Aide or Proof of Certification as a Personal Care Aide in the state of NY
1.72 Class Hours, 0.64 Laboratory Hours, 0.64 Clinical Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill requirements to obtain Home Health Aide certification in the State of New York.
- Demonstrate ability to integrate respect for an individual's dignity, self-worth, and sensitivity to cultural differences, while performing patient care.
- Follow prescribed care plans for patients as ordered and within the scope of practice for a Home Health Aide.
- Explain tasks related to performing simple measurements, collecting specimens, assisting with preparation of ordered diets, use of assistive devices/medical equipment/supplies, and skin/ostomy/urinary collection device care.
- Perform tasks correctly related to performing simple measurements, collecting specimens, assisting with preparation of ordered diets, use of assistive devices/medical equipment/supplies, and skin/ostomy/urinary collection device care.
- Demonstrate proper technique for 1 and 2 rescuer CPR for infants, children, and adults, including use of an AED.
[Add to Portfolio]