Jul 16, 2018
HST 110 - Personal Care Aide
Our Personal Care Aide training course prepares students to provide personal care services to individuals within the comfort of their home while fostering their independence. This curriculum follows the Home Care Curriculum requirements set forth by the NYS Department of Health. Upon successful completion of this program, students will be a New York State Certified Personal Care Aide and qualify for employment providing personal care within the homecare setting. Student will be eligible to enroll in the Home Health Aide training course upon successful completion of this course.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to qualify as a New York State Certified Personal Care Aide.
- State what home care is, the type of clients who receive home care, roles of the home healthcare team, and expectations of the home health worker.
- Apply an understanding of basic human needs according to Maslow's theory to meet the changing needs of clients across the life span.
- Communicate effectively with clients, families, and members of the home healthcare team, while demonstrating ability to respect individual and cultural differences and maintain confidentiality.
- Explain tasks related to personal care and nutrition, housekeeping, budgeting, and medication administration assistance.
- Perform tasks correctly related to personal care and nutrition provision, housekeeping, budgeting, and medication administration assistance, while staying within scope of practice as a Personal Care Aide.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to maintain safety, prevent personal and other injury, and provide basic first aid.
- State the process of infection and demonstrate ability to follow infection control precautions, as set forth by the CDC.
[Add to Portfolio]