HMS 250 - Human Service Organizations
Overview of agencies whose mission is to assist people with needs that develop in their lives. Emphasis is on human service organizations and the way these organizations function, their role in society, and the services they provide.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the variety of services provided by human services organizations.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges, demands, expectations, and opportunities that human service organizations face.
3. Appreciate the role of human service organizations and their importance to the social, economic, political, and cultural fabric of our society.
4. Appreciate human service administration and practice and the factors associated with organizations becoming effective and efficient.
5. Become better prepared to enter the human services as practitioner and professional.
[Add to Portfolio]