HIT 208 - Advanced Medical Transcription
Transcription of authentic physician-dictated reports organized by body systems or medical specialties. Emphasis on advanced skills, developing accuracy, speed and additional detailed study of medical terminology. Emphasis on the basic medical reports as well as specialized reports relating to the various body systems. Emphasis also on using references and other resources efficiently, editing and proof-reading techniques.
Prerequisite: HIT 107 Medical Transcription
2 Class Hours; 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Select the correct format for a dictated medical report.
2. Demonstrate the proper use of reference materials.
3. Transcribe consultations, chart notes, history and physical reports, discharge summaries and operative reports dictated by a variety of physicians.
4. Edit the transript to correct obvious grammatical and puctuation errors.
5. Identify obvious medical inconsistencies.
6. Produce a final, neat, error-free transcript.
7. Increase transcription speed and productivity throughout the course.
8. Understand the process of speech recognition technology.
9. Successfully utilize the ExpressScribe Transcription Program.
[Add to Portfolio]