COM 265 - Intermediate Television Production Practicum
This intermediate-level course is a broadcast production class where students are immersed in the roles of directing, reporting, and producing as they pertain to both commercial and broadcast television. This is a Lecture/Laboratory style course, which will provide for further hands-on experience in studio production, but with an emphasis on story/show genesis and creative execution as it relates to cast and crew direction.
Prerequisite: COM 260 Television Production Practicum
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate well-developed studio skills and etiquette.
- Work in both leadership and crew positions.
- Create News Packages from inception to final post-production and broadcast.
- Demonstrate their accrual of real-world experience in working with the general public.
- Be prepared for both academic internships and immediate employment with various broadcast news stations.
Add to Portfolio