HST 109 - Personal Success Strategies
This course is designed to enhance the college learning experience and prepare students to be more successful, academically, personally, and professionally. The course introduces principles and strategies to help students to remove personal barriers to success and to implement behavioral changes to be more successful in academic settings, including internships and clinicals. The course also focuses on developing the soft skills needed to reach personal potential.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Describe how conscious control of thought processes impacts habits, attitudes, beliefs, and expectations.
2. Explain how habits, attitudes, beliefs, and expectations impact personal performance.
3. Establish achievable personal goals based on individual roles and responsibilities.
4. Identify and list personal barriers to success.
5. List possible strategies for overcoming barriers to personal success.
6. Apply the affirmation process toward achieving established goals.
7. Evaluate the effectiveness of the process in achieving established goals.
[Add to Portfolio]