GER 102 - Beginning German II
Basic principles of grammar and syntax. Emphasis on oral practice in classroom. Written homework assignments supplemented by work in audio-lingual laboratory. Reading and discussion of graded literary and cultural texts.
Prerequisite: GER 101 Beginning German I
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of high-beginning German grammar that cover forms, meanings and functions, and use them appropriately in oral and written communication.
2. Develop high-beginning oral skills in pronunciation, listening comprehension, speaking, and oral presentations.
3. Develop their active vocabulary of high-frequency words, collocations, and idiomatic expressions that are commonly used in the German-speaking world.
4. Develop reading comprehension skills at the high-beginning through a variety of authentic genres, including academic discourse, newspaper and magazine articles, fiction, poetry, and essays.
5. Develop high-beginning writing skills through various writing assignments such as comprehension questions, paragraphs, essays, journals, and letters.
6. Develop an understanding of German-speaking cultures and societies as well as that of their own.
[Add to Portfolio]