GER 101 - Beginning German I
Basic principles of grammar and syntax. Emphasis on oral practice in classroom. Written homework assignments supplemented by work in audio-lingual laboratory. Reading and discussion of graded literary and cultural texts.
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Develop some knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the German language and culture.
2. Acquire enough confidence to communicate in basic German.
3. Develop an understanding of elementary German grammar that cover forms, meanings and functions, and use them appropriately in oral and written communication.
4. Develop basic oral skills in pronunciation, listening comprehension, speaking, and oral presentations.
5. Read with comprehension selected materials.
6. Develop some basic writing skills through various writing assignments such as paragraphs, journals, and comprehension questions.
[Add to Portfolio]