FRS 205 - Fire Department Administration
Organization of the fire departments with emphasis on personnel management, distribution of equipment, maintenance of records, communications, data collection and community relations. ISO Grading Schedule.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain how the history of the fire service in the United States has evolved into what it is today.
2. Designate the qualities of a leader (to include administrators, managers, and supervisors).
3. Describe the different functions of line and staff personnel in both paid and volunteer fire service organizations.
4. Explain the potential legal liabilities associated with hiring, training, retaining, discriplining, and terminating employees.
5. Understand the planning and decision-making process and complete a group decision-making project that reflects the value of group decisions over individual decisions.
[Add to Portfolio]