FRS 108 - Building Construction for Fire Science
Fire fighters are confronted with many unknown factors on the fire ground. Among these is the unknown structural stability of the buildings they must enter. Basic principles of building construction and design with emphasis focused on fire protection concerns. Building materials included.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of studying building construction from a fire fighter’s perspective.
2. Identify and describe the different types of building construction materials and structures.
3. Describe the basics of fire behavior and the impact fire has on the different types of buildings.
4. List the different types of building construction materials.
5. List the different types of building occupancies and give examples of each.
6. Explain the difference between fire and building codes.
[Add to Portfolio]