FRS 107 - Legal Aspects of the Fire Service
Laws and regulations as they pertain to the fire service and its personnel. Legal terminology necessary for the interpretation of pertinent laws and decisions. Legal status of the fire fighter, as well as fire fighter’s rights, duties and liabilities. Responsibilities and powers of the service in enforcement of ordinances and codes.
3 Class Hours
Writing Emphasis Course
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Recognize various facets of the law as it relates to fire and emergency services.
2. Identify the differences between civil and criminal law; and distinguish the differences between codes and standards.
3. Understand history and structure of laws in the United States.
4. Examine past and current case studies within the United States.
5. Identify major employment discrimination laws impacting the fire service.
[Add to Portfolio]