FRS 103 - Fire Fighting Tactics and Strategy
Focus on pre-planning and the development of fire fighting tactics appropriate for a wide variety of hazards. Review of basic information and some local conditions. The case study method is used to develop plans and tactics relating to the student’s own department.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of fire behavior and chemistry of fire.
2. Articulate main components of pre-fire planning and identify steps during pre-fire plan review.
3. Recall basics of building construction and how they interrelate to pre-fire planning.
4. Learn and demonstrate Incident Command System scenario and bring to controlled conclusion.
5. Identify and analyze major causes involved in the line of duty firefighter injuries and deaths.
[Add to Portfolio]