FRE 202 - Intermediate French II
Intensive review of grammar and syntax. A cultural, conversational and literary approach to French language. Students will continue learning about the French & Francophone cultures and examine them and be prepared to handle various situations.
Prerequisite: FRE 201 Intermediate French I
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Acquire a solid understanding of intermediate French grammar that cover forms, meanings and functions, and use them effectively in oral and written communicaton.
2. Demonstrate intermediate oral fluency in pronunciation, listening comprehension, speaking, and oral presentations necessary for successful real-world communication.
3. Expand their active vocabulary of high-frequency words, collocations, and idiomatic expressions that are commonly used in the French-speaking world.
4. Demonstrate reading comprehension fluency at the intermediate level through a variety of authentic genres, including academic discourse, newspaper and magazine articles, fiction, poetry, and essays.
5. Increase intermediate writing proficiency through various writing assignments such as comprehension questions, paragraphs, essays, journals, and letters.
6. Develop a greater awareness and appreciation of French and Francophone cultures and societies, as well as develop an understanding of their own cultural values and beliefs.
[Add to Portfolio]