FRE 102 - Beginning French II
An introduction to the basic principles of grammar. Emphasis on oral practice in classroom. Students will learn to appreciate the French culture through discussions and examination of real life situations in France & Francophone countries.
Prerequisite: FRE 101 Beginning French I
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of high-beginning French grammar that cover forms, meanings and functions, and use them appropriately in oral and written communication.
2. Develop high-beginning oral skills in pronunciation, listening comprehension, speaking, and oral presentations.
3. Develop their active vocabularyof high-frequency words, collocations, and idiomatic expressions that are commonly used in the French-speaking world.
4. Develop reading comprehension skills at the high-beginning through a varietyof authentic genres, including academic discourse, newspaper and magazine articles, fiction, poetry, and essays.
5. Develop high-beginning writing skills through various writing assighments such as comprehension questions, paragraphs, essays, journals, and letters.
6. Develop an understanding of French-speaking cultures and societies as well as that of their own.
[Add to Portfolio]