Jul 18, 2019
FRE 102 - Beginning French II
An introduction to the basic principles of grammar. Emphasis on oral practice in classroom. Students will learn to appreciate the French culture through discussions and examination of real life situations in France & Francophone countries.
Prerequisite: FRE 101 Beginning French I
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to conduct high-beginning conversations in French in the present, past and future tenses including asking and answering relevant questions, and describing vacations, transportation, travel, technology, employment and professions.
- Demonstrate high-beginning-level understanding and ability to use French grammar, including proper use of irregular present tense verbs, passé composé, imparfait, futur simple, relexive verbs, direct and indirect object pronouns, relative pronouns, and comparison of adjectives.
- Demonstrate reading with comprehension using high-beginning materials.
- Demonstrate ability to write at high-beginning level, using complete sentences in paragraph and/or longer forms.
- Demonstrate high-beginning knowledge and understanding of Francophone cultures.
[Add to Portfolio]