FRE 101 - Beginning French I
An introduction to the basic principals of grammar. Emphasis on oral practice in classroom. Students will learn to appreciate the French culture through discussions and examination of real life situations in France & Francophone countries.
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate basic French proficiency.
2. Understand French grammatical constructions (form and meaning) at the beginning level.
3. Understand appropriate reading strategies (phonics, structural analysis, contextual clues, etc.) to gain understanding of a variety of materials in French.
4. Communicate effectively in the target language at the beginning level through speaking, listening, and writing.
5. Think critically and develop reasonable arguments in the target language.
6. Write guided compositions in the target language.
[Add to Portfolio]