Dec 14, 2018
ENG 170 - Creative Writing
Designed to provide students interested in imaginative writing with the opportunity to investigate concepts and to practice techniques implicit in prose, poetry, and drama. Class discussion, workshops, and personal conferences with the instructor.
Prerequisite: ENG 110 College Writing I
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate the complexity and subtlety of excellent writing to use as models for their own writing.
- Understand writing as a process of discovery, that meaning emerges through a sustained revison process involving intense reflection,analysis, and collaboration.
- Be more aware of the rhythms and nuances of language that will inform their prose and be more aware of the fluidity of the narrative line, thus informing their poetry with a sense of balance.
- Have a sence of their own original voice and vision, unmediated by other interpretations.
- Have more experience making editing choices in their writing and in proofreading the work of other writers while remaining faithful to the spirit of that writer's intentions.
[Add to Portfolio]