Feb 25, 2020
EGR 284 - Materials Science
Atomic model, bonding, lattice concept, crystal types, imperfections, stress and temperature effects, phase diagrams, alloys, ceramics, polymers, composites, corrosion, electrical and magnetic properties materials.
Prerequisite: PHY 182 Engineering Physics II and CHM 145 General Chemistry I and CHM 145L General Chemistry I Laboratory
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Understand how the molecular structures of materials impact their properties.
- Determine the processing needed to produce the desired mechanical properties.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of the materials classifications and properties.
- Design the processes required to change materials mechanical properties.
- Understand the manufacturing methods used to transform materials into useful devices and structures.
Add to Portfolio