BIT 105 - First Year Experience
An orientation course for first semester students in the Department of Business Information Technology. Students will be introduced to college and departmental policies and procedures, academic advisement and registration, and campus services. Students will learn tools and techniques for academic success and for keeping pace with trends and issues in information management, information technology, and office administration.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Connect with resources that support their academic, career and personal goals.
2. Demonstrate a working knowledge of college rules, regulations and systems.
3. Demonstrate a working knowledge of academic advisement and registration.
4. Develop a personal academic plan.
5. Discuss key skills necessary for academic success.
6. Assess and understand your current strengths and areas for growth.
7. Access information on trends, issues, and career possibilities in the areas of information technology, information management, and office administration.
[Add to Portfolio]