Feb 25, 2020
EET 127 - Alternate Energy Concepts and Solutions
This course takes an in-depth look at various alternate energy concepts and solutions for our modern world. Topics include current energy issues, energy usage, and the following specific technologies; photovoltaic (PV) solar, wind energy, geothermal energy, passive solar energy, solar thermal energy, atomic power, biofuels, and other special topics.
Prerequisite: MAT 096 Elementary Algebra and Trigonometry
1 Class Hours, 3 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe verbally or in written form a knowledge of various aspects related to current and future alternative energy systems.
- Calculate various alternative energy systems to determine the optimal system for a given application (ie find the size of a PV system to meet peak home energy demands).
- Measure and quantify available energy from the sun, earth and wind.
- Calculate the potential energy conversion for each of the technologies evaluated.
- Prepare technical papers and communicate through the written medium.
- Identify electrical requirements for both off-grid and on-grid applications of the seven electrical technologies covered in the course.
Add to Portfolio