BIO 212 - Ecology
An introduction to basic principles of ecology, including ecosystem ecology, evolutionary ecology, major terrestrial and aquatic biomes, population and community ecology. Labs have an emphasis on those ecosystems found in the N.E. U.S. Field studies will emphasize the use of the scientific method and approaches used by ecologists in the field.
Prerequisite: BIO 117 Principles of Biology I
Corequisite: BIO 212L Ecology Laboratory
3 Class Hours, 3 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of ecology.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of ecosystems.
3. Analyze and discuss current scientific literature.
4. Apply basic ecological principles to explain the interactions of organisms with their environment and with each other.
5. Apply basic ecological principles in planning and conducting field and laboratory studies.
[Add to Portfolio]