Feb 25, 2020
ENV 290 - Environmental Science Seminar
This course is a capstone course for students in the Environmental Science program. Students will learn the concepts of sustainability and incorporate these concepts into group projects related to sustainability at Broome Community College. Students will also learn community building, career and transfer opportunities and personal development.
Prerequisite: ENV 100 Environmental Science Orientation
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify various local and regional agencies and groups related to sustainability and the environment.
- Demonstrate community building skills including knowing the other students in class, working effectively in groups, and being able to interact positively with other students.
- Summarize the opportunities and emerging trends in the field of Environmental Science.
- Understand and put into practice interaction with faculty and peers, use of campus resources and time management skills to improve academic success.
- Summarize the concepts of sustainability.
- Become aware of the opportunities for transferring to a four year school.
- Explain current events and issues related to Environmental Science.
- Conduct a formal presentation related to their capstone project.
Add to Portfolio