ECE 226 - Preschool Science
This course examines the methods and materials used to present developmentally appropriate science concepts and skills to preschool children. Other topics include: the teacher's role in the learning process; the role of the environment in the learning process; science in children's literature; differentiated instruction; using our senses for observation and discovery as well as; establishing and enhancing connections between home and school.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Distinguish between and define life science, physical science, earth science and health science via class discussions, written assignments and presentations.
- Create developmentally appropriate science activities via class activities, written assignments and presentations.
- Recognize quality children's literature that focus on scientific concepts via class discussions, written assignments and presentations.
- Generate interdisciplinary science activities via class projects, written assignments and presentations.
- Demonstrate the value of positive home-school connections in early education via the creation of a science send-home sack for families to borrow and utilize.
Add to Portfolio