CST 233 - Active Server Pages
Active Server Pages (ASP) will provide students with the opportunity to learn about Microsoft ASP using Visual Studio.NET. Students will be introduced to concepts and techniques necessary to create ASP. NET applications that provides dynamic content for a Web site. The course will provide a background of legacy applications in addition to coverage of the NET development methodologies. Students will also develop ASP applications on both local and remote servers.
Prerequisites: CST 124 Introduction to CGI Programming, and CST 208W Introduction to Computer Networking
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Configure a local IIS web server to allow for ASP pages to be served.
2. Develop web pages and ASP programs on a local web server.
3. Develop ASP scripts/programs using different input methods.
4. Create and/or copy web pages to a remote web server using remote access tools.
5. Check the settings of a web server configuration file.
6. Manage state information to maintain continuity between ASP web pages.
7. Discover the latest technologies and techniques used to develop ASP web applications.
[Add to Portfolio]