Oct 16, 2019
ART 120 - Beginning Sculpture
This course is designed for students to realize the creative process that takes place in the art making of sculpture. Students will be introduced to various fundamental techniques and treatment of sculptural materials. Throughout the course, emphasis will be placed on experimentation, reading, and discussion. This course will ultimately assist the student to further develop an artistic direction in three-dimensional studies.
Prerequisite: Three-Dimensional Design for Art majors. An elective for non-art majors.
6 Studio Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Execute the creative process of traditional sculpture.
- Build the armature, sculpting the clay and casting plaster.
- Create sculpture from observation.
- Develop a basic working knowledge of sculpting and casting.
- Compile the professional work of specific artists in traditional and modern periods.
- State personal creative ideas and direction for future 3D studies.
[Add to Portfolio]