CST 117 - Problem Solving & Communication Tools
An introduction to tools for problem solving, decision making and communications. This course presents several soft skill tools. Topics include: problem solving techniques, report creation, effective email and memo creation, formal and informal communication tools, and formal presentation preparation.
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Solve both technical and non-technical problems using top down problem-solving techniques.
2. Propose alternative solutions to both technical and non-technical problems.
3. Use decision tools to solve both technical and non-technical problems.
4. Evaluate and describe situational problems both verbally and in writing.
5. State verbally and in writing at least four group decision making techniques.
6. State verbally and in writing at least three decision and support tools.
7. Identify three key components to speaking with credibility.
8. Communicate with empathy and clarity.
9. Use email and memos to communicate effectively.
10. Create and deliver orally a professional presentation.
[Add to Portfolio]