CST 105 - Computer Applications
This is an introduction course to computer concepts and application software. Topics include word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, the Internet and computer Operating Systems. Microsoft Office will be used in the laboratory to develop academic, professional, and business applications.
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Credit will not be given for both CST 105 and CST 106.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Use PowerPoint to create and present presentations.
2. Create a résumé, cover page, envelopes, labels, and tables.
3. Use the Internet to access course material.
4. Communicate using mail facilities.
5. Create and develop a solution to a problem using a spreadsheet for analysis.
6. Create a relational database.
7. Evaluate a computer configuration.
8. List and develop an understanding of computer ethics in today’s society.
9. Create an integrated document with spreadsheets and/or databases.
[Add to Portfolio]