CRJ 246 - Victimology
A study of victimology and associated theories of victimization. The role of the offender and impacts on society are explored.
This Criminal Justice course may be used to fulfill a Social Science elective.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define victimology and explain its origin.
- Describe the various theories used to explain how and why people are victimized.
- Identify research methodologies used to collect data on victimization.
- Describe the challenges faced by victims throughout the criminal justice system.
- Explain the resources and advocacy support systems available to victims.
[Add to Portfolio]