Sep 15, 2019
ADN 112 - Holistic Health
This course is open to all majors and requires no prerequisite. An introductory foundation regarding complementary medicine, with an emphasis on holistic health for the individual and the healthcare provider, with a focus on body, mind, spirit, and emotions. Diversity of healthcare is investigated as the student becomes familiar with multiple alternative therapies, stress management, meditation, exercise, and nutrition.
2 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Recognize the holistic concepts of whole person health and how it affects wellness and disease prevention.
- Describe personal wellness model of body, mind, and spirit.
- Understand and explore how stress affects all the levels of our being.
- Compare and contrast traditional western medicine from complementary therapies.
- Identify how complementary medicines work.
- Identify traditional Chinese, Ayurveda, Native American healing elements.
- Recognize various botanical healing medicines.
- List manual healing practices.
- Describe mind-body techniques.
- Identify Spritual Therapies.
[Add to Portfolio]