Oct 19, 2018
CRJ 245 - Criminology (WE)
A study of the general field of criminology considering the general theories of crime causation and the impact crime has on society.
Prerequisite: ENG 110 College Writing I
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define criminology and explain the various fields that establish the criminology discipline.
- Identify the major research methodologies used by criminologists to collect data.
- Recognize the contributions of the various theories that constitute criminology.
- Identify classical, biological, psychological, and sociological theories of crime.
- Examine how criminological theories drive public policy and legislation.
[Add to Portfolio]