CRJ 240 - Community Corrections
A detailed examination of community corrections to include probation, intermediate sanctions and parole. The history and philosophy of community corrections are explained along with the policies and procedures required for effective community supervision and protection.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain the historical roots of community corrections and the modern organizational structure of these agencies.
- Identify eligibility requirements for community corrections programs.
- Construct a pre-sentence investigation report (fictional) using the NYS format.
- Explain risk and needs assessment and current eveidence-based practices used in the community corrections field.
- Illustrate motivational interviewing techniques and effective supervision techniques.
- Identify best practices for officer safety.
[Add to Portfolio]