CRJ 218 - Police Community Relations
This course explores the relationship between law enforcement agencies and the communities they serve, along with studying problems concerning interactions between police officers and citizens. Corresponding strategies are identified to address gaps in understanding between citizens and police.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain police community relations.
- Describe and demonstrate methods for effective interactions and communication between the community and law enforcement.
- Explain the difference between public relations and community relations.
- Define community-oriented policing and problem-oriented policing and discuss the difference between the two.
- Discuss the role of the media and its impact on police community relations.
[Add to Portfolio]