May 19, 2019
CRJ 215 - Police Administration
This course examines the skills and knowledge necessary for police administrators to effectively manage, supervise, and lead a law enforcement agency.
Prerequisite: CRJ 111 Introduction to Criminal Justice
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify the role of politics in American policing operations.
- Describe characteristics of mission and value statements and their importance to a police organization.
- Identify procedures associated with hiring, training, retaining, evaluating, and disciplining employees.
- Explain the functions of line and staff personnel in a police organization, including the use of specialized units to accomplish specific tasks.
- Explain the difference between a leader and a manager.
- Identify issues in formulating a police department budget.
[Add to Portfolio]