Oct 20, 2018
CRJ 212 - Criminal Procedure and Constitutional Law (WE)
The right to counsel, search and seizure, confessions, lineups, electronic surveillance, probation and parole. Writing Emphasis Course.
Prerequisite: ENG 110 College Writing I
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Illustrate the steps of a criminal case from arrest to disposition.
- Define reasonable suspicion, probable cause, and proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Explain identification procedures that can be used by law enforcement.
- Explain the constitutional safeguards in place for defendants in criminal cases/investigations and identify what constitutional amendments give such rights.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the court process in connection with criminal procedure issues.
[Add to Portfolio]