CRJ 130 - Introduction to Security
Organization and management of the security function in industry, business, government and institutions. The protection of personnel, facilities and other assets, as well as administrative, legal and technical problems of loss prevention and control.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Describe the different organizational structures in security organizations and to explain their various strengths and weaknesses.
2. Demonstrate strategies for monitoring and preventing loss in various settings.
3. Demonstrate strategies for protecting personnel in various settings.
4. Complete written reports regarding loss prevention efforts, reported losses, and safety concerns.
5. Explain the legal considerations that must be taken into account in establishing best practices in security operations.
[Add to Portfolio]