COM 260 - Television Production Practicum
This advanced level course gives the student a chance to put prior course knowledge that has been acquired to use producing half hour format news/information shows for television airing. Both equipment control and performance will be stressed in the lecture part of the class, while the application of these concepts will be put to practical use within the studio setting.
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Gain a fundamental working knowledge of standard television production terms and definitions.
2. Demarcate between the two different types of studio production crews (above the line and below the line crew positions) and be able to give examples of each.
3. Possess the knowledge to shoot footage on location and be able to edit it down within the production facility to be presented as part of a traditional half-hour news program.
4. Effectively plan a video shoot on location anb be able to properly prepare to document an event outside of the studio environment.
5. Understand the role of the on-camera personality and develop a comfortable relationship in transitioning between on-camera and off-camera roles in the production environment.
[Add to Portfolio]