COM 255 - Communication Internship II
Students will find placement in a communications related job. Like Internship I, this course of study will involve in addition to employment requirements; directed reading, meeting with their intern supervisor and written assignments. The work load and responsibility in this second level internship will be greater and on a broader scale than the first Internship. Most internships are not paid positions. This Internship may be taken twice for credit.
Corequisite: COM 250 Communications Internship I
Credits: Variable (1-3)
By advisement only
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Gain placement in a communications related field in one of the local new production, audio production, video production, print media, or public relations firms.
2. Have completed a working and functional resume that will enhance their ability to gain future employment.
3. Gain the time management and interpersonal skills to schedule regular meetings with their intern supervisor and faculty advisor.
4. Apply the skills learned during their academic internship directly to their various aspects of classroom study.
5. Maintain a health, positive working relationship with the employers that they are placed with and maintain the etiquette of good professional communication when contacting prospective employers inquiring about possible future internship or permanent placement.
[Add to Portfolio]