COM 210 - Advanced Video Production
In this advanced level course students will use prior knowledge gained in other courses in order to further their understanding of video production. Students will gain an advanced understanding of techniques such as camera operation, shooting, lighting and sound recording as well as an understanding of various post-production work.
Prerequisite: COM 130 Introduction to Video Theory and Production
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a working knowledge of video production etiquette, including proper camera operation and handling, as well as image composition and cinematography.
2. Demonstrate their proficiency in non-linear video editing on multiple operating platforms.
3. Have practical and theoretical knowledge in advanced lighting practices, in both the environments of field production and studio production.
4. Have competence in video post-production, including titling and digital special effects.
5. Understand transcoding and interactive DVD authoring, as well as the ability to produce their assignments completed in class into a demonstration reel for employment or further studies.
[Add to Portfolio]