COM 150 - Public Relations
This course is designed to provide the communications major with a clear picture of the functions of the public relations industry and cite practical applications of public relations principles. Practical examples will be used with emphasis on communications technology presently used throughout the world.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Describe the professional function of the public relations industry and its effect on society.
2. Understand the historical significance of several successful and unsuccessful public relations campaigns throughout the 20th and 21st centuries.
3. Possess the ability to create public documents and issue them via specific mass media forms to the general public.
4. Gain specific knowledge on how technology has changed the way that the public relations industry as a whole communicates with itself and the general public as a whole.
5. Work as part of a group problem solving team in response to a specific real-world example of a public relations campaign.
[Add to Portfolio]