Apr 20, 2018
MDA 211 L - Medical Assisting Procedures III Laboratory
Practical application of advanced technical procedures in medical assisting specifically oriented to the various medical specialties. Practice of the techniques of orthopedics, cardiology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, obsetrics and gynecology, andrology, opthalmology, otolaryngology, and diagnostic imaging. The medical assistant's role in preparation for screening, and assisting with emergencies and providing patient education is emphasized.
Prerequisites: BIO 132 Human Biology II, MDA 115 Medical Assisting Procedures I, MDA 201 Medical Assisting Procedures II, MDA 206 Medical Office Management
Corequisites: MDA 211 Medical Assisting Procedures III
2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- List and discuss common diseases and diagnostic tests for body systems discussed.
- Perform and assist with advanced technical procedures within a variety of specialties, while staying within scope of practice of a Medical Assistant.
- State the fundamental principles of evacuating a healthcare setting and demonstrate ability to devise and implement emergency preparedness plans, while staying within scope of practice of a Medical Assistant.
- Educate patients effectively about a variety of diseases, diagnostic tests, and procedures through verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate proficiency with development of patient educational materials which demonstrate clear and accurate patient instruction for diseases processes, procedures, self-exams, and follow-up care.
- Demonstrate ability to complete accurate documentation of patient care.
[Add to Portfolio]